Company Overview: Advanced Transit Dynamics, Inc. (ATDynamics) is a green transportation technology company dedicated to driving rapid improvements in fuel efficiency in the global transportation industry. Founded in 2006, the company has developed a patented line of aerodynamic equipment for the long-haul trucking industry, including its high profile TrailerTail® technology, with the potential to reduce oil consumption by $2 billion annually. ATDynamics is expanding its sales and distribution efforts throughout North America and looking for new, highly motivated team members.
Position Overview: Advanced Transit Dynamics Inc. (ATDynamics) is seeking a highly driven and customer centric individual with a strong mechanical, construction and/or custom fabrication background to lead ATDynamics’ field installation and customer product training efforts. This individual will report to the Lead Field Engineering Technician and the Vice President of Operations and will play a vital role in the successful implementation of the Company’s TrailerTail® products with large U.S. trucking fleets and trailer manufacturers (OEMs). This position is ideal for someone with strong mechanical/construction skills, experience with various hand and power tools, excellent interpersonal and coaching/training skills, and a desire to work in an entrepreneurial, fast- paced start-up environment. This individual should be highly self-motivated, responsible, able to problem solve on his/her feet, and navigate comfortably in new environments. The ideal candidate will be adaptable and resourceful in different field and client environments, present a professional appearance and demeanor, be comfortable interfacing with our customers in the field and have the ability to promote the product and the Company to customers while in the field. Interest or experience in the Clean Tech, trucking, transportation, automotive or manufacturing sectors are preferred. This candidate must be motivated to contribute to a team of individuals with the desire to play a crucial role in the reduction of global oil dependency.
Job Title: Field Engineering InstallationTechnician
Compensation: Hourly wage (based on experience), 40 hours per week guaranteed, paid travel time, travel expenses reimbursed and customer penetration bonus paid for additional product orders after installation. Health insurance provided, as well as flexible schedules and time off when not in the field. Significant opportunity to grow with Company.
Location: Company headquarters in Hayward, CA. Candidate can work from home location
Travel Requirements: 75-90% time spent travelling - mostly in the United States, some international travel may be required.
• Oversee every aspect of field TrailerTail® installations onsite at customer locations
• Personally install initial TrailerTail® unit(s) to demonstrate ease of process
• Provide hands-on training to fleet shop personnel to ensure successful ongoing installations after your departure
• Travel to customer locations – approximately 75-90% time spent travelling and working in Customer Locations
• Perform product demonstrations to educate customers on TrailerTail® features, benefits, and best practices and otherwise serve as Company expert for all fleet questions
• Arrange meeting with fleet executive(s) during visit to provide additional support by learning about the customer’s operation, fuel economy initiatives and the best way to expand TrailerTail® sales fleet-wide
• Assist with real-time testing initiatives to demonstrate fuel savings of TrailerTail® immediately after installation
• Serve as key “eye on the ground” for ATDynamics’ sales, engineering and production departments to ensure that company-wide efforts stay aligned with customer needs
• A friendly, upbeat and patient demeanor as well as the communication skills to create a positive experience for a wide variety of fleet customers
• Experience with basic hand and power tools such as cordless drills and sockets/wrenches
• Comfort around ladders, forklifts and scaffolding (up to 10 feet off ground)
• Supervisory experience
• Problem solving and decision making
• Ability to adapt quickly and efficiently to different environments, shops, tools and setups
• Ability to work autonomously and in self-directed manner
• Highly responsible and dependable
• Attention to detail
• Willingness to travel with flexible schedule
• Mechanical/construction/custom fabrication background
Interested candidates please submit cover letter and resume to: http://www.atdynamics.com/careers.htm